July 26th, 2017
There are so many adults and teens in our Owasso, OK office who would love to have their teeth straightened but that are unwilling to go through the long and unsightly process of traditional metal braces. Well, that's where Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® come to the rescue; the most advanced clear aligner systems in the world!
There are several reasons why, if you're considering getting braces, you should consider Invisalign too. Here are some of them:
- You can eat whatever food you'd like, without worrying about it getting caught in wires or breaking brackets.
- Most people won't even know you're wearing them!
- If you need to, you can remove your aligners at any time.
- The removable aligners let you brush and floss as you normally would, making for better overall oral health.
- Since they are made of a smooth BPA-free plastic, Invisalign aligners are simply more comfortable to wear than traditional braces. No metal means no more roughed up gums or irritated tongue!
- You'll need to visit our Owasso, OK office less often — only once every six weeks or so.
- With Invisalign Teen, you’ll receive up to six replacements for lost or broken aligners.
Before you get started with treatment, you’ll have a consultation with Dr. Mark Argo to see if Invisalign or Invisalign Teen is right for you. If your case is a good fit, then you’ll have X-rays, pictures, and impressions of your teeth taken. That information will be used to make the 3D models of your teeth that let Dr. Mark Argo see how they will move throughout the entire treatment and approximately how long it will take.
After that, you’ll receive your aligners based on the treatment plan we recommend. You’ll get a new set of aligners every two weeks. Then all you need to do is wear your aligners 22 hours a day and you’ll be on your way to a straighter healthier smile. Don’t hesitate to a member of our Owasso, OK team for more information about Invisalign!
July 19th, 2017
Yes, indeed! While brushing, flossing, and regular visits to Mark Argo, DDS are all key to maintaining a healthy smile and mouth, Dr. Mark Argo and our team want you to know the state of your oral health has a significant effect on your overall health.
Our mouths are full of bacteria—some good, and some harmful. Some types of bad bacteria can cause cavities, gingivitis and even periodontal (gum) disease. Without proper oral care and hygiene, these harmful types of bacteria are capable of entering your blood stream through inflamed gums, when inhaled through the mouth or through saliva.
Gum disease, in turn, has been linked to a number of health problems, researchers have found. These include:
- Heart disease: Gum disease may increase the risk of heart disease. Gum disease also is believed to worsen existing heart disease.
- Stroke: Gum disease may increase the risk of the type of stroke caused by blocked arteries.
- Diabetes: People with diabetes and periodontal disease may be more likely to have trouble controlling their blood sugar than diabetics with healthy gums.
- Premature birth: Women who suffer from gum disease during pregnancy may be more likely deliver their baby early, and it is likely her infant may be of low birth weight.
Dr. Mark Argo and our team at Mark Argo, DDS are experts in identifying and treating periodontal disease. Give us a call today at our convenient Owasso, OK office to schedule an appointment to improve your oral health and your overall health, too!
July 12th, 2017
Dr. Mark Argo and our staff recommend that you replace your worn-out, germy toothbrush with a new one every three months. But most people either forget or resist getting rid of something that is still “working.”
Maybe if they had a few ideas for putting that old toothbrush to good use, more people would take our advice? To encourage good oral practices, we offer these ten fun things you can do with your used toothbrush:
1. Let your five-year-old budding Da Vinci create a masterpiece with some paint and your old toothbrush.
2. Scrub oily areas on your face with your toothbrush. The bristles are perfect for removing embedded dirt and oil that clogs pores.
3. Pamper your hamster by brushing his fur with an old toothbrush.
4. Dab a bit of Vaseline on the bristles and comb your eyelashes: instant glamour! Got dry, flaky lips? Slough away by using a toothbrush on your lips.
5. Remove the bristles: instant small plant stakes!
6. Old toothbrushes are great for spot-cleaning just about anything.
7. When nobody is around to scratch an unreachable itch on your back, turn that old toothbrush into your personal backscratcher.
8. Is your dog’s breath so bad that all your houseplants have died? Try brushing his teeth with your old toothbrush so that his kisses (and breath) are more tolerable.
9. Give your fish the cleanest tank in the neighborhood by scrubbing it with your old toothbrush.
10. Did you notice a few gray hairs sprouting from your hairline this morning? Old toothbrushes were made for touch-up dye jobs; works for dyeing your eyebrows, too!
July 5th, 2017
Summer brings sunshine and warm weather, and many of our patients begin thinking about brightening their smiles this time of year. A whiter smile is one just one visit away at Mark Argo, DDS!
Teeth whitening is safe, quick, and inexpensive. It can be used to correct many tooth discolorations which may have been caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. Using the latest in whitening technology, we can offer a safe method for creating the beautiful smile you've always wanted. Just let us know at any appointment if you would like a brighter smile.
Get your beautiful smile today! Give us a call at our convenient Owasso, OK office to schedule an appointment!